Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The perfect Windows Desktop


[Update March 2011 - See my new windows desktop]

I think I found the Desktop experience Nirvana.

My requirement for the perfect desktop:
- Minimal CPU and memory utilization. My PC needs to be lightning fast.
- Simple and clean environment (no distraction)
- Possibility to let message or Post-it in the background

I was able to do this with those 2 amazingly tiny and free application:
1) BGinfo – Possibility to add text on your backround image. 0 CPU utilization when it is done. Completely transparent. Just amazing.

2) DesktopOK – Why this is not by default on Windows is just beyond me. Everytime I change my screen resolution, my icons are moved everywhere in my screens. With this tiny (30kB!) application, I can save and restore all my icons on my desktop. Just cool.

Here is a screen capture.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment